▶ Investments (IMEN286)
- ▶ The objective of this course
- The objective of this course is to introduce the recent theories and empirical results of managing financial problems, which may be faced by individual investors or financial/non-financial companies. The four main subjects are
- 1. financial markets and institutions,
- 2. portfolio theory(optimal asset allocation)
- 3. asset pricing theory, and
- 4. fixed income securities.
- ▶ The prerequisite for this course
- Basic principles in Financial Accounting
- Basic Statistics
- Investments, Z. Bodie, A. Kane and A.J. Marcus, 8th Ed., McGraw Hill.
- ▶ Grading Policy
- midterm exam/ final exam: each 35%
- attendance: 10%
- term project (research report) 10%
- * The term Project will be announced after mid-term exam (Oct. 28) and you should hand it in until December 10.